- This event has passed.
ABA Section of Dispute Resolution Mediation & Advocacy Skills Institute
November 4, 2021 - November 6, 2021
This three-day virtual Institute – for mediators and advocates – will be held November 4-6, 2021. The theme is “Mediation Beyond Boundaries: Competencies and Ethics in a Digital World.” Join us to explore new mediation frontiers in a post-pandemic world of technologies and innovations. Plenaries will include:
• Early Dispute Resolution — Protocols for Smarter Processes & Swifter Outcomes
• Effective Persuasion & Persuasion in Mediated Settlement Negotiations — the Subtle Science Behind Influence!
• ODR — The Digital Age of ADR is Here to Stay!
• Ethics in the Real World — How the “Fourth Party” Affects Mediation Ethics
• International Focus — The Globalization of Mediation
• Technology-Driven ADR — Marketing & Branding for Results!
Facilitated small group discussions will follow the plenary sessions led by experts in the field. These discussions provide an opportunity for mediators and advocates to interact in small facilitated groups in a unique environment to enhance their skills, knowledge and understanding of direct negotiation and third-party mediation processes.